We’re bringing headlamps back…

Yeah, so if Andrea and I forget to recharge the giant batteries, we may never reappear from the rainforest…

On a lighter note, visiting Gering’s lab and watching him remember more and more items we’ll need for our study was like watching a kid in a candy shop. The only thing he loves more than all of his tiny entomology gadgets is showing them off to the two of us who’ve never seen any of it before. Needless to say, we are fully equipped to precisely pin any and all critters we find.

I am getting so excited about our trip, though time seems to be slipping away faster than I expected. We have a lot to do, but somehow our pile of work seems so much easier to face knowing that at the other side, we get to jet off to tropical weather!

I got goose bumps watching that video on Thursday, despite the corny jokes from the overly enthusiastic blonde guide, because for some reason it just made it all feel real all of a sudden. I’m ready to visit all of the places we keep talking about!

Anyway, the potluck was fun and I can’t wait to hear everyone’s crazy stories, though it will be tough to out-do Chad’s python tale…