What a life

I got up at 3am this morning to go to New Orleans to give a talk. I say “got up” because I woke up hours earlier. I don’t sleep that well to begin with, and then when I worry that I might oversleep and miss something I sleep even worse. So, in a blurry state I get up in the middle of the nite to drive to St Louis to catch a flight (and promptly fall sound asleep on the plane). Four hours later I turn around, fall sound asleep again on the plane, and in a blurry state drive another three hours back to Kirksville. It was a crazy 18-hour day to give a short talk to a class at the University of New Orleans that was reading my book, so they should know everything I have to say already anyway. Rather than giving a straight lecture, which I’m really not that good at anyway, I made the mistake of starting by asking if there were any questions–which just gave me an opportunity to go off on more tangents than normal. In my blurry state of being from not sleeping, driving, and then flying, I’m not sure how coherent I was. Oh well. We’ll see how class goes tomorrow.

1. #1 by marc on February 2, 2010 - 9:33 am

so, one piece of feedback from NOLA:

You were great. I saw a few students later in the day and they all loved it!