The Simple Life

Sorry if things are kind of messed up in this post, I´m typing on a Spanish keyboard and things are a little different. It´s been almost a week and I´m still loving Panama and La MICA. The food has continued to be excellent, I still haven´t gotten sick, and the weather´s still beautiful. I´m starting to adjust to the heat… I hear Kirksville got another snow storm, haha. I love hiking in the park and I try to go there as often as possible. As far as wildlife goes, I´ve seen 4 snakes (2 that were captured by Chad) and 2 tarantulas. I went to La Pintada two days ago for their Carnival Festival. It was definitely an interesting experience, I tried banana chips and a delicious fruit shake, and got squirted by a water gun. Right now we´re on our way to Kuna Yala where we will be staying over their independence day, it should be an exciting experience. While we are there we will be sleeping in tents on the beach of our own island, I´m quite excited. That´s about it for now!

1. #1 by Cheryl on February 22, 2010 - 3:41 pm

The whole beach thing sounds nice, snakes and tarantulas not so nice.

2. #2 by Rachel on March 3, 2010 - 10:12 pm

I concur with Aunt Cheryl, I don’t think I could handle snakes and tarantulas. However, I am jealous you can go swimming and get to hang out on your own island.

3. #3 by Allie McG on April 7, 2010 - 3:02 pm

oooo banana chips. i had those in Costa Rica. they are pretty good. and i wanna hear more about this island camping. sounds awesome!