2 weeks from today= Airport Reunion :)

I canΒ΄t believe it has already been 5 weeks. It seems like such a short time, but at the same time feels like forever. I like the relaxed atmosphere of being here, but at the same time I miss the stress of a packed full life and busy truman lifestyle!!!

It is really cool to see and learn about different cultures like this but man it sure does help me embrace my own! I am so ready for a driveway and a mailbox. Mom was right there is a lot more in my life that I could stop taking for granted! Like toilet paper!

This week we took two awesome day trips- one to El Valle and the other to Aguadulce!

In El Valle we went to a rescue and rehabilitation center for the amphibians that are dying off due to Chytrid fungus! It was so sad to know that they are barely hanging on to existance and that the only way for them to do that is by living behind class walls. πŸ™ They are doing a great thing taking care of the amphibians, but man I be it would be so nice to see them reintroduced in the distant future!

In Aguadulce we were able to go to a sugar cane refinery! It was so awesome to be inside the factory so close to the machinery! It was so hot, around every corner I felt like the machines were breathing on me!

Got lots of good pictures and hope to take more tonight at the all inclusive πŸ˜‰ 24 hours in a resort with a water heater will be a luxory!

Love my family πŸ™‚ Miss you all tons!

1. #1 by Sherry Dinges on March 26, 2010 - 8:11 am

I will be so glad to have you back home. I’ve missed you so much but am really excited and happy that you’ve had this opportunity to not only see other cultures, but to live among them and experience their everyday lives. Yes, it does make you appreciate what you have but it also makes you aware that we, as humans, can do without all the luxuries we crave and live quite comfortably and more probably happier, without all our “wants”. I look at the people with billions of dollars and I see how miserable they are and they are never satisfied with what they have—always wanting more, it’s sad. When you think of the possibilities out there for helping others when you have an abundance, it’s endless and would be so much more fulfilling. Not to give someone a handout, but to help them build a life! Wish I had that luxury, but I give what I can in the way of physical help, love and letting them know that there is someone out there who cares about them.

Anxious to see your pictures of everything and hear about all your experiences and projects. Next two weeks will probably go really slowly and although that’s good in a way, it always makes me feel that it is taking sooooo long for me to be with you and hear your beautiful voice again. You are an awesome person and deserve all the lovely experiences you are having and the best that life can offer. Love you much, Gma