Goodbye Panama. You shall be missed.

So here I am sitting in Gamboa on my last night in Panama. We have wireless internet, a luxury as you can probably tell from my sparse blog postings. So many things running through my head. The things I miss about home: carpet, clean water, hot showers, clean feet, clean cloths, clean things, my bed, ect. ect. ect. The list goes on and on. So many things I will miss about Panama: showering under the stars, showering in the sun, the jungle, the park and my lizards, laying on the rocks, hiking (sometimes), the sun, the bus system (its very convenient), the MOUNTAINS, the waterfalls, the views, again, the list goes on and on.
I can not believe I’m going to get up tomorrow and get on a plane and leave Panama. Its all over. Though I’m so very ready to be home and see all my favorite people, I find it peculiar knowing that this adventure of a lifetime is coming to an end.
Some of the highlights of the trip for me were: staying with my family in Santa Marta. Living their culture and economic status was eye opening to say the least. The day we spent at the waterfalls was amazing and helping to build the mud house was so much fun. Kuna Yala was so beautiful and seeing an indigenous culture and their way of life was interesting to say the least. I even enjoyed the last night there when we slept on picnic tables at 4am becasue it was pouring rain and our tents flooded. I enjoyed sleeping in the park that one night to do our research at 3-8 am. Really, it was fun. Then it rained all morning so we didn’t even get the data we needed. No sleep and lots of lizards made for an interesting day. Salsa lessons from the Panamanian at the resort we went to on one of our free days was fun, I always love to dance! The talent show was hilarious and knowing that a few months ago there were 24 strange people that now all feel like good friends is also always a plus 😉
So now to bed, to the plane in the morning, to my casa tomorrow night. Goodbye Panama, you shall be missed.

1. #1 by Rebecca on April 12, 2010 - 10:19 am

I can’t believe we’re home! An Easter Egg hunt awaits you in our apt 🙂