last day

I can’t believe it’s already time to leave however I am ready to go. Tension is growing between the 25 of us and it’s about time that we get some alone time without each other. Overall though I think the trip was a grand time and I had some awesome once in a lifetime experiences and made some new friends in the process. Despite all the fun we have been having I am ready to go back to normal easy life. Some things I’ll miss about living in Panama: fresh delicious fruit, being outside all the time, bathing in the river, not having “real” classroom type class, saying buenas as a greeting, seeing wildlife every day, taking free days to boquette and bocas, scenic mountain views everywhere I look, and the crazy public transportation. Some things I won’t miss: waking up to my bed shaking from people walking in the dorm, never knowing exactly when or what I’ll be eating for the day, sweating a lot, never having truly clean clothes, hiking to the bathroom, and the crazy public transportation. Some things I’m looking forward to: mom’s home cooking, friends in Kirksville, mirrors, cheese, peace & quiet, sleeping in late, a washer and dryer, cold milk/water/beer, and my comfy bed. Anyways, I can’t wait to be home and see everyone!! I’m attempting to put up pictures on facebook now but I’ve said that before and it didn’t happen so don’t count on it.

1. #1 by Aunt Kathy on April 8, 2010 - 11:07 pm

Welcome home! Can’t wait to see your pictures and hear about your adventure!!