Big Man on Campus :)

How bizarre to be back here on campus 🙂 Walking the sidewalks and seeing chalk advertisements for everything going on! I forgot that that was my method of keeping up with current events on campus. I missed it a little bit. Stood in the center of the quad today in the pre-summer sunshine and admired the chalking about Big Man on Campus- whoever wrote it had spectacular handwriting.

Anyway, being back has been great so far. Really enjoyed seeing my family and love that they are coming to Truman next weekend. It made leaving home a lot easier to know they will be visiting me in the next few weeks. I can’t wait! I did a ton of driving this weekend- 3 hours to Kville, 3 hours to Iowa City, an hour to Ottumwa, IA, and then another hour back to the ville! I have loved driving and being responsible for my own vehicle! Not driving for two months was a nice break, but it didn’t hinder my driving skills 🙂 I thought that it would be a lot harder to resume driving!

Last night was my first night alone and it went easier than I expected also! Audrey isn’t back on campus yet and so the apartment is feeling empty without her, don’t tell her yet but Kev hid Easter eggs in our apartment so we can have a hunt when she gets here this afternoon! That’s so awesome- way to go Kev 🙂 Oh and he brought us Peeps! I looked for Peeps when I got home and Walmart was sold out! I was so bummed, but Kev made my Easter 🙂

I spent the weekend with Ben and it felt great 🙂 I missed him incredibly and loved that things were so easy to fall back into. It’s nice to be surrounded by my best friends again and to have added a few to that group from the Panama clan 🙂

I really hope that we can have a Panama get-together before the end of the semester!

Anyway, can’t wait till the rest of the ‘Panamanians’ get on campus so we can share stories about returning home! It’s definitely been an interesting experience and I’ve learned so much about myself and my culture. Can’t wait to fully reintegrate!

1. #1 by Hanna on April 12, 2010 - 11:36 pm

I wish I had known you wanted Peeps. They had a ton left at the Jefferson City Target. I would have gotten you some.

• #2 by Rebecca on April 15, 2010 - 7:45 pm

Aww thank you Hanna 🙂 That is very kind of you!